Tuesday 24 July 2007

Fairhaven Lake I

I went to Fairhaven lake last week to see if I could find a Puss Moth caterpillar on the Poplars. I couldn't, but I think I saw (bit feeble I know but when I looked a second time it had gone) a Poplar Hawk Moth caterpillar.

There were loads of these bright orange eggs on the Poplar leaves. Shouldn't be too hard to identify!

As I was going across the Moss Road yesterday a predominantly blue hawker flew up to the windscreen I also saw one Corn Bunting and a small mouse like creature. The other evening there was a horde of Rooks feeding on the field. I am intending to watch them some time to see where they roost.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi mike great pic! i thought of u the other day when we saw a green huge beetle in the passage way with really long anteni. quite spectacular! and 2day me, sez dad where walking along the river near dads house when i saw a enourmous mouth! about 3 inches long! ive got photos of them both so i will send them 2 u if u want n see if u can identify them!

Mike said...

Thanks Andrew I would love to have a look at the moth! have a good time in Bristol!!! See you soon, Mike